Thursday, September 4, 2008

Two Wheel Motion

Marky has reached yet another milestone, again reminding me that he's growing up way too fast. While sitting on a bench eating some amazing shaved ice (my favorite thing in the world!) at the beach, my 4 year old noticed the kids riding their bikes along the sidewalk. He said, "Mom, those kids don't have training wheels on their bikes. I think I'll ride my bike without training wheels now." He went back and asked Daddy to take them off when we got home, and I braced myself for the scraped knees and temper tantrums that usually result from learning to ride a bike. The next day, Mark took off his training wheels and decided to take him for a quick lap around the block, while holding onto the back. They came home and we decided to go to the park, which has a sidewalk all the way around, so he wouldn't fall into the street when he crashed. As soon as we got there, Marky decided he was going to do this on his own and refused to let anyone hold onto him. Then he took off! I was waiting for the wipeout, but it just never happened, and still hasn't. Now we will have to ask Santa for new bikes so we can keep up with him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marky is a great bike rider! Looks really fun!

Laura said...

Go Marky go! What a milestone!

HAdams said...

yeah, marky!! What a cool little dude. Poor Rulon still doesn't even have a bike with training wheels! I need to get in the game.