Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend






I love 3 day weekends! Saturday morning Mark and Marky went and picked grapes at the vineyard our church owns. They were up and out of the house at 6am! I stayed home with Kevin and packed up for our last trip to the beach for the summer. The boys came home about 9, and we headed out of town to escape the heat. We went to our favorite beach (Avila) and what a perfect day it was! I thought for sure it would be packed, but it was less crowded than normal. The weather was beautiful, only in the low 70's as opposed to the 102 it was in Fresno. The boys had a great time playing in the sand while I sat under my umbrella with my feet in the sand. Mark rented a boogie board again, and had some fun for a couple of hours catching some waves. Marky watched and decided he needed to be in on that action! He did really well as long as Daddy held onto the board until the waves came. Now the child wants his own board of course. I will just add it to the list, along with his requests for a computer, blackberry, and MP3 player. After the beach we headed over to Morro Bay for dinner, and got some really good fish tacos. I love the coast!

Sunday we stayed low key, going to church, and taking a family nap! Then Monday morning we headed over to the Zoo, since we have a family membership that Mark rarely gets to use. They have a pretty fun bird show that is only done in the summer, so Mark finally got to see it! It was nice to spend a couple of hours before lunch, and then leave and get some stuff done. We spent the rest of the day doing errands and playing at the park. Overall, we had a wonderful weekend of family fun! I really hated to see it end!

No comments: