Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A New Perspective

I was going through my church handouts and I found this. It really puts things into perspective so I thought I would share it! (It's really for me more than anything.)

What God Won't Ask
God won't ask what kind of fancy car you drive. He will ask how many people you took to church who didn't have a car.
God won't ask the square feet of your house. He will ask how many people you helped who didn't have a house.
God won't ask what social class you are in. He will ask what kind of "class" you displayed.
God won't ask how many material possessions you had. He will ask whether those material possessions dictated your life.
God won't ask how much overtime you worked. He will ask if you worked overtime for your family.
God won't ask how many degrees you had. He will ask how may people you thanked for helping you get those degrees.
God won't ask what your parents did to help you. He will ask what you did to help your parents.
God won't ask what you did to help yourself. He will ask what you did to help others.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Hey Miners!

I am Mark's long-lost cousin and was just doing some blog-stalking and ran into you guys! What a cute family! I can't believe how much everyone has grown! Hope you all are doing well!

Marie

p.s. does Evie blog as well?

Laura said...

that is a good reminder, thanks!

Kristen said...

I love that. Wow, really makes you think doesn't it? Especially as we are at the point of thinking about needing a bigger car and a house in the next couple of years. You're great! Yay for Twilight in a couple weeks, huh?